Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Pain under left rib- like a bubble

I just wanted to share this because it might help other people. I had a horrible pain under my left rib that felt like a bubble, with pressure and gurgling dull pain and sometimes sharp pains. It felt like a blockage maybe. When I googled my symptoms it turned out that hundreds of people complained of the same pain - often saying that their doctor could not find a diagnosis for it. Some people said it could be a number of gastro-intestinal diseases like Crohn's disease or Irritable Bowel Syndrome all of which site inflammation as being a major factor. Right under your left rib there is a sharp bend in your intestine so it makes sense that the bend could become irritated and inflamed. So, knowing that, I found several articles on how Turmeric was being used to treat inflammation successfully- as effectively as ibuprofen but without the side effect of causing stomach ulcers- so it was being used to treat inflammation of the Bowel successfully— articles like this one that sites some case studies where people found a lot of relief with Turmeric
Reading this the night I was in a lot of pain-- urged me to go and dump a heaping table spoon of turmeric into a 3/4 cup of yoghurt— I was surprised when i felt a huge relief in about 30 minutes. So if anyone else has this try turmeric- its cheap and easy and can't hurt to try it- turmeric is very safe. It is working for me.
There are also capsules you can take with Turmeric and Curcumin (the active ingredient in turmeric). I would try the large heaping tablespoon in yoghurt first to see if it works for you though, because that way you won't wast money on the capsules which are kind of expensive. Also, if you do get the capsules the fast acting ones for arthritis dissolve mostly in your stomach - which isn't as good as slower acting capsules which dissolve in your intestines.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 4th, 2014
good day!
Irrespective of the work or efficacy of the tool you applied it is not a good thing. Never self medicate. Never ever. Let the professionalists be the one to do that. You will bring harm to yourself. pain has multi directional etiologies and the very same pain under left rib can be because of thousands of reasons.
Hope you see it in a right perspective.
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.