Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Fibromyalgia Forum

pain, swelling, spasms, lupus ruled out...

I've been having a problem now for the past 4 and a half years with 'all' of my joints. I have been to so many doctors. The entire test came back inconclusive of a diagnosis. The Rheumatologist that I saw did a complete urine analysis and it came back showing great volumes of calcium oxalate which explained cloudiness when I urinate. Now I have been seeing a bone surgeon who does not think it is serious because the MRI results that I did came back normal. He has recommended a physiotherapist. I have only been to 4 sessions. I have gotten worse as a result. My symptoms include a severe rush of cutting pain in the joints. It is as if there is sharp piece of bone that is cutting trough to the flesh. Then with this pain, comes instant immobility. There is a feeling as of something is going to snap or break. Also I have a lot of crack/pop in the joints mainly in the hips which are the worse part. The spine has swollen in the middle of my back a few times. I have sever muscle spasms especially in the toes when it is in water for some time or when i wear certain slippers. I am 27 yrs old and I can barely move around. Few months ago, a different Rheumatologist/Lupus expert, diagnosed me with Seronegative Spondyloarthropathy. After a month, I went back for a follow-up. She then gave me another full body examination. She was then concerned that I have fibromyalgia. But thinks something else may also be wrong, not ruling out Seron. Spondyloarthropathy at the same time. The only thing that doctor mention, along with my stated symptoms, was that the problem may be in my lumbar spine. During this time, she sent me to a spine doctor to examine my x-rays and to do a body she was not very sure about what was going on. She took me of of the anti-inflammatory medications since they were not working. To this day, I have so much pain and have to be using a walking stick to balance myself and to climb up stairs, etc. I still experience frequent muscle spasms in even more places and my swelling everyday in the muscles between my collar bone and shoulder. There is also swelling at the upper-middle part of my spine area each day. This caused it to be very difficult to bend over and move around without a pinching pain. I don’t have the means to go see a doctor now, as the expense is unattainable. What could be going on with me health, and could the doctor be correct with her diagnosis? (Lupus has been ruled out. Thyroid seemed normal)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 22nd, 2012
Experienced User
Look up Intestinal permeability (Leaky Gut Syndrome). It mimics or can cause Lupus, Fibro, RA and other auto-Immune diseases....
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Fibromyalgia causes pain in the body. Learn the basic facts about fibromylagia and how doctors define this syndrome here....
Are people diagnosed with fibromyalgia born with a lower tolerance for pain? Are you at more or less risk of fibromyalgia? More info and causes and risk here....
Symptoms of fibromyalgia can be mistaken for other conditions. Can you identify common signs and symptoms of fibromyalgia?...