Medical Questions > Womens Health > Endometriosis Forum

Pain returns 1 month after lupron treatment for 6 months

User Profile
Hey there!
I was thrilled to have relief from my probably endometriosis during my 6 months of Lupron treatment with only mild side effects. Now that I've been off it for a month, the pain is back. No period yet but I'm assuming that's coming. Pain meds don't help, just rest. I'm sad because my husband and I were going to try to conceive ASAP but now that the pain is back, I'll probably have to go back on the lupron or a birth control pill, postponing pregnancy more. I'm 32 and the clock really started ticking when my dr. said now is the perfect time to get pregnant. I go back on Wed for a PST treatment for IC- discovered at my follow up appointment last month. I'll ask her about my options then. I've been reading about adoption, not a bad alternative!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 29th, 2009
I did several rounds of lupron. I would feel better during the first 3 months then the pain would start again. Your best bet ( since your trying to have a baby) would be to ask your doctor about a uterine scraping
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....