Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

pain on the right lip of my vagina, not easy to see Dr.

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
I have a strange pain on the right lip of my vagina. I can see what is causing it. The pain seems to be on the outside and not the inside. I live in Korea, so it is not easy to go see a doctor or gynecologist. Please help. The pain has been there for the last 3 days!

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 27th, 2012
Sexual Health - Women Answer A36492
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on the cause for the labial pain that you describe without examining you. If the symptoms have not subsided within 48-72 hours, or if you develop new symptoms like swelling, foul smelling discharge, redness, itching etc, you should consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for examination and further evaluation to look for the underlying cause (especially rule out infective causes). Get started on treatment as appropriate (based on examination and investigations results) to help you control the symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle. Avoid vaginal douching, use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes. Avoid sweat accumulation in the area. If infective cause is detected, and if you are sexually active, it is important to get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection, and avoid having intercourse while being on treatment.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.