Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

pain on my leftside radiates down the goin and leg

User Profile
Hi. I have been suffering from pain on my leftside for roughly a yr and a half. Tje pain is almost were the left overy is but radiates down the goin and leg and round my back. The pain used tocome and go bt over the last 10 months roughly it has been constant.
Iv had several tests done:
An xray
An abdominal ultrasound
A transvaginal ultrasound
AnOther abdominal and pelvic ultrasound which also looked at the groin.

In the last ultrasound i explaine i had a lump in the pelvic area sort of in the groin which was painful the doctor said it was a lymph node but it was nothing to worry about.
Last week i had a full blood test an blood count which was normal.
My doctor doesnt seem to know what to do. The lump is painful but i dont know were the pain is exactly coming from. I also have constipation problems.

I just need help to find out what this could be because the pain is really getting to me.

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper jackifish

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2012
Womens Conditions Answer A32860
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Consider taking a second opinion from another gynecologist and go ahead with further evaluation done to rule out possibilities like endometriosis, adenomyosis, pelvic adhesions, scar tissues, PID etc. The exact cause can only be made out after careful evaluation. Usual imaging techniques can at times fail to detect conditions like adenomyosis, endometriosis, pelvic adhesions. Laparoscopic evaluation would be helpful to diagnose as well as treat these conditions. Get started on treatment as appropriate (based on examination and investigations results) to help you control the symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?

replied April 16th, 2012
Hi Dr,
I’m 26 yrs M,
My problem of Ankylsing Splondlyitis started as when, I was 25years, I was suffering from both Varicose vein defect and Ankylsing Splondlyitis but initial was not knowing that I had Ankylsing Splondlyitis .I had faced this problem as first I got freezing and dragging pains in both of my testis usually right side testis was having more pain. So my family doctor referred me to a Andrologist. Later, I went ultrasound scan which showed I had tangled veins left side which is causing this pains... So, Dr referred me to take some tablets to reduce the inflammation and pains for 3 months but there was no change for me with that .Finally Dr came into conclusion that I need to under go surgery for complete cure.

After surgery also I had same pains only bit relief but with that I faced other kind of horrible pains like I had burning & poking sensations throughout my groins for 3 months for that again Dr refereed me some pills to recover again form it saying that’s surgery pains.

Later after 4 months I faced Lower back pains which was connecting till my groins part for problem this, I meet several Doctors, undergone >MRI-Scan, Ultra-sound Scan ,Urine tests reports all shows normal but still I’m facing this problem and doctors had least idea on this even doctor who performed surgery on me had no answer for this …

I’m surfing form this problem for past 5 months .Now days I see the poking pains are like this> more over the pains is from my lower back form my spine to right side testis I’m getting poking pains while walking, while I would stretch my body and while sitting ,I would feel entire my waist and testis are tied wit bar chain like this would feel this pains and this pains would be more at weekends and bit less after few days.. Like its prolonged .I’m really worried about my health .I have met several Doc’s …taken a lot of medicines… but no improvement in my health.
Finally a neurologist refereed me to Rheumatologist who concluded in blood test that I’m having R.A factor up to 118% showing that I’m suffering from Arthritis .He too preferred me some medications like SAAZ pills with some pain killers for 2 months with some exercise but no changes. Even I has SI joint and epidural injections same tragedy continuing no signs of pains getting reduced but only one pill that was giving a bit relief from poking pains was MAXAGALIN and EXLIZOR. Now I’m totally in depression even feel like suicide some times but still waiting for some positive signs to happen .So anybody have any solution please let me know. And I want to know weather this Ankylsing Splondlyitis curable or not…?
Did you find this post helpful?

replied April 21st, 2012
Hi i have also suffered from that radiating pain down one side. That radiating pain is probably nerve pain. Whatever that lump is it is probably jamming against your femoral nerve and causing that pain. If it is a cyst those go away but since you have had it for so long i would talk to your doctor about getting an MRI of your back and see if everything is alright there. I ended up having a disc jammed into my spinal cord and had a spine fusion four months ago. Mine was also accident related so dont worry. Yours wont be that bad but a lot of people do have disc problems. What i recommend in the meantime is go to your regular doctor and ask her about nerve relaxers. The two common ones are neurontin and lyrica. Ive taken both and your nerve pain will be gone!!! Some people just have overactive nerves and they live on the nerve meds. They make you feel a little hazy at first and after a week its like taking tylenol.

Hopefully this helps Smile
Did you find this post helpful?

replied May 1st, 2012
If the pain is not getting better with home care, your doctor may be able to offer some alternatives such as a cortisone injection.
Did you find this post helpful?
This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.
Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Back Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.