Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Pain Management Forum

Pain meds after cocaine overdose ?

I''m 23, when i was 22 i was driving late when i fell asleep at the wheel and struck a tree doing around 40mph, I had a bloody nose and cuts from broken glass, but other then that i refused medical from EMS. An just went home, took Tylenol and went to bed. The pain started to show up a week after the accident in my neck and near my color bone, Thinking it was temporary and probably no big deal i blew it off and just took Tylenol (which dident help by the way). Roughly 3 or 4 months ago i was hospitalized for a cocaine overdose, stupid i know...It was the 2nd time i tried coke and i was at a party drunk, bac was near 3x the legal limit and i overdosed on cocaine and had a seizure. I went to my normal doctor and i happen to mention to him that i overdosed on cocaine, an that i learned my lesson. Well I''m still noticing pain, especially more pronounced in my neck...OTC pain relievers are doing nothing, its like eating skittles..i can do it all day with no effects at all. I make a drs apt with my usual doctor and tell him about my car accident a year ago, i dont think he believes me. I asked if he could proscribe me something for pain so i can function during the day. He is really reluctant but he proscribes me a narcotic pain reliever, it works fine. I dont abuse it or anything, and i can finally sleep at night without agonizing pain. A month later i call for a refill and he says that he is prohibited from proscribing me narcotic pain relievers because of my "history of substance abuse" What the hell...substance abuse? Im not an addict....i stupidly did coke for the 2nd time in my life and o/d''ed...big deal? What can i do for pain?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 9th, 2010
I honestly do not use drugs, I dont even smoke marijuana.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....