Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Pain Management Forum

Pain Management with Rheumatoid Arthritis & Crushed Pelvis

I have had R/A for almost 20yrs I have been on meds that have worked well enough that my life was still viable with Remicade/Methotreate/Prednisone However after years on Relafen I now have bleeding gastric ulcers and cannot take any anti-inflammatories. I have bone on bone pain in several joints. In June 2012 I had a horse rear over backwards I fell off and she landed on my pelvis breaking every bone with an open compound fracture of the pubic area, she is 1300 lbs and her feet slipped out and she literally fell on me. I died while being life flighted to the trauma hospital what a great team that brought me back ! I was an inpatient for 4 1/2 months and now at home for 5 months for a while I thought I was doing pretty good, my rheumatologist took me off Prednisone and increased my Vicodin but it does not seem to work. I am taking 8 10mg tablets a day and not sleeping until I get so exhausted I cannot function but sleep only lasts 2 hours at a time and I wake up from the pain. My Ishium bones were shattered and not repaired the lower back was screwed from side to side and a bridge of plating was made to connect the lower pelvis. When I am on 50mg of Predisone I feel really amazing, the pain is bearable, but because I have been on this drug for so many years it is causing other problems that the doctor worries about. IS there anything out there that I could take such as something that works like an anti-inflammatory ? or Nerve blocks? If anyone has a similar experience I would be greatful to hear how they are doing. Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....