Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

pain is where my gallbladder is located?

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
User Profile
I have been having pain in my upper abdoman for several months. I have been to my doctor several times during since it started,and they haven't been able to tell me what's going on. The pain is where my gallbladder is located and comes on suddenly usually after eating.Everytime I eat, I have to run to the bathroom with diarreah, which is uaually a yellow color.They have run tests on my galbladder and say its fine,and put me on pills for an ulcer. The pills they put me on do nothing for my symptoms and with each day the pain and diarreah gets worse.Also my temp changes from being high to being low very quickly. Lately I have been vomiting and feel weak constantley and am tired all the time.I had to quit my job because my symptoms were causing me to miss work.Eventhough the tests they ran on my gallbalder show nothing is wrong, is it possible that there is something wrong with it that they doctors are just missing? And if so what tests can I ask them to run to better diagnose my symptoms

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2011
Gallbladder Disease Answer A25628
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

From the description, it seems that you probably have a gastric ulcer and associated gastrocolic reflux, which causes you to have bowel movements within a short time of having your food.

When we eat we stimulate activity throughout our digestive system, helping to move stool through ‎the gut ready to be pushed out. But a sensitive bowel reflexes results in stronger contractions that cause undigested food to be excreted via bowel movements.

Some medications like Imodium (loperamide) in lower doses might be helpful to reduce the ‎hypermotility of the intestines and control the diarrhea.

If this does not help, you might consult a gastroenterologist for prescription medications to control the ‎intestinal movements. ‎

The other alternative medical conditions that can present with abdominal pain due to peptic ulcers and diarrhea would be - gastrinomas, which can usually be detected by a CT scan and blood tests (Serum Gastrin levels). Consult your doctors, if this could be a probable cause in your case.

I hope this helps.‎

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gallbladder Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.