Hi, for the past 3 weeks I have been having instense period like pain in my uterus. 1 week ago I started to get this sharp intermittent pain on my left side with red, pink or brown spotting. The sharp pain lasts 1 to 10min and comes in intervals. I need to breath through the pain and I feel nasueas. The pain makes my eyes water and I start to shake. I have been to the hospital twice and on my 2nd visit had an ultrasound and transvaginal ultrasonography performed. Nothing was found. Blood, urine, kidneys and bacterial/STI's have been ruled out. The pain only comes at night and the intensity depends on how active I was in the day. If went to work.. the pain comes in longer intervals vs staying home and laying down all day. I don't know what is going on with me. I have been given pain relief but it doesn't help as the pain is intermittent and I can't predict when it will start. The ultrasound was performed in the morning when I wasn't in pain.. I don't know if this means what ever is wrong can not be seen. Please help me.. I'm scared and the doctors at the hospital do not take my symptoms seriously. They treated me for constipation when I told them my bowels are regular.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 23rd, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
As such,pain from the uterus is unknown apart from the time of menstruation.Do you have any surgical opinion to rule appendicitis or ureteric stone? No? Then think about them as all other tests are normal.there are also other rare causes of pain abdomen but a surgical opinion is worthy here.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counseling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Ovulation and Ovaries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.