Hello, about 3 months ago, I started to get a in the middle of my abdomen, just below where the sternum ends. I could feel the pain when I would press down on the area. I started to eat lighter foods, and a few days later the pain was gone. However, I started to get this pain in my upper stomach when I would swallow certain foods. It feels like the pain is right where the esophagous and stomach meet. I went to the doctor about 3 weeks ago and I was prescribed omenprazole. I've been taking it daily but the pain is still there. The doctor said that the pain would be there while my stomach healed. After 3 weeks the pain is about the same level - its not overbearing or anything, but I can feel it and its frustrating because I don't know what it is. The doctor that I went to didn't pay much attention to what I was saying, I felt, and I am wondering if anyone has ever gone through this. It's weird because I don't get nauseous, the pain is not severe, and I still have my appetite. Does anyone have an idea of what I have and what is the best course to take?
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 8th, 2016
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Gastric discomfort like gastritis and GERD are the causes in your case. You need supportive care, antacids and more importantly diet and lifestyle modifications. Visit our GERD and gastritis health center for further guidance.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.