hi there
I have had a pain on the left side of my foot on the left leg. No bruise no outer swelling. I have got an xray done too no issues.The pain is constant and does not go away. I even tried ortho insoles no respite.
please please help Thanks!!!!!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 5th, 2011
Experienced User
What type of xray did you have? A regular xray or an MRI? Have you tried going to a Chiropractor for adjustments? What type of Doctor did you see?
|

replied May 5th, 2011
I had a normal xray and it was good i tried chiro as well no use
i saw the family doc Smile
|

User Profile
replied May 5th, 2011
Experienced User
You may want to see an Orthopedic doctor. A normal xray wont show you issues with the discs although it doesnt hurt to start with a normal xray. You may need an MRI to see whats going on. I don't know how many times you saw the chiro but it would take probably 3 x's a week for a couple of weeks just to see a difference if the pain is that bad. I have a ruptured L5 / S1 disc and the Chiro didn't help very much because the disc was leaking and hitting a nerve. I am now on Neurontin (Gabapentin). Which has helped alot not to mentinon muscles relaxers when needed. I were tennis shoes "Nike" all the time and that also makes a difference. I quit doing anything that would cause me to bounce such as mowing the lawn. I also have a herniated disc and all of the above has helped me. Strap on an Ice pack to the lower back and see if that helps with the pain until you can see the doctor. Massage therapy can help with the spasams as well. Also, try not to sit down for long periods of time and lay on the floor and pull your knees up to the chest. You can look online for gentle stretching exersises for back pain. Sounds like you have sciatica.
|

User Profile
replied May 5th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
Baav,

It depends upon the origin of your pain. bastionv is making reference to referred pain from a herniated disc in your back. Which is a possibility, as you don't have to necessarily have back pain. The pain is from the compression of the nerve root supplying sensation to the lateral foot. This type of pain is usually referred to as burning in nature or of a pins/needles sensation.

There are also local problems that can cause lateral foot pain: tendonitis of the peroneal tendons that attach to the base of the fifth metatarsal; inflammation within the joints of the tarsal bones; tarsal tunnel syndrome; and many more.

You should see a podiatrist (DPM) or orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon (MD or DO). They can examine the foot, and if necessary, order other tests.

Good luck.
|
Tags: swelling
Quick Reply
Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....