Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Pain in the chest from subluxation

User Profile
what is this pain and what should i do about it as i was fine when i went to bed but now i can hardly move without it hurting
please help ty

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 5th, 2009
Back Pain Answer A5241
Your question involves having pain under your left shoulder blade, and it hurts particularly when you breath in.

This type of pain, particularly if it is a "dull ache", and is relieved upon laying down, can be caused by a rib or thoracic spinal vertebra that has been subluxed. Subluxation simply means a subtle mis-alignment in a joint that can cause increased muscle tone or spasm in the area around the joint. Typically, this type of pain subsides when you lay down, which allows the muscles to relax, and blood flow to increase to the area.

Typically, chiropractic adjustment may be indicated to correct the spinal/rib alignment problem, and massage therapy can be effectively used to alleviate the muscle spasm and restore normal function.

Sam Visnic NMT
www.Endyourbackpainnow.com/blog

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Back Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.