Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

pain in the area just below my bottom right rib

User Profile
I have had strange symptoms over the last 6 months or so. For some years I had a slight pain upon deep inhalation of breath on the right side of upper rib cage. Over the last 6 months I began experiencing pains in the same area, this was worse after heavy drinking or eating very spicy foods. I have since cut out both. I also get alot of stomach noises after certain foods, and episodes of pains/discomfort in the area just below my bottom right rib, and also now at times in the very high upper chest on area to the center at the front. When it was very bad if i tilt my head down (as is to look at phone screen etc) I would get a strange pulse sensation that went through my center and a nervous/anxious feeling. There is a tender spot on my back in the middle of the right side of the latimus muscle, and this is where there is pain upon the deep breathing. When the problem comes up I get random pains around the torso in different places, in the chest muscles, pressure sensation in left rib area, some dull pains. The episodes come and go, originally it could be months between them, but for instance this week I had none for days, then have had them for about 36 hours, and they have gradually eased. It was worse this morning until I ate some porridge which eased things, its still there but it is fading. I have no other symptoms like fever, occasional slight naseau (which may be due to the worry of this...) have lost maybe 2-3 kg over the 6 months but perhaps this is due to exercising about 10-15 hours per week and alcohol reduction. Stool is fairly normal, very very occasional diarrhea (perhaps once every 3 months) other times of normal color and consistency. When I was drinking more alcohol the stool would go a tan colour and be quite soft, this was especially true after certain foods like pizza. This has since calmed. Stool perhaps softer at times but not fluffy etc, and normal amount of bowel movements per day (1 sometimes 2). I did notice an episode after eating a very high fibre meal this week which seemed to aggrevate the bowels and soften the stools more than usual. Also have no jaundice, urine normal, no extra sensivity to alcohol or medications. I take artichoke, milk thistle, and dandelion extract as have heard these help with GI disorders.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 29th, 2016
Gallbladder Disease Answer A56516
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. of your whole story, its pretty obvious that you have either gastritis or gallbladder issues. Drinking and spicy foods have triggered it. Modify diet and lifestyle, quit drinking, consider small frequent meals, lose weight and take some pepto and nexium for the relief.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gallbladder Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.