I've been having some pain in my testicles for about a week. It ranges from some dull aching pain to some smaller bursts of quite sharp pain. I'm getting this checked next week, but I thought I should get some input online as this has been worrying be quite a bit. I've been feeling them a lot and I can't find any kind of lump or unusual part. What else could it be? I drink about two cups of coffee a day as well as a fair amount of chocolate/sugar. Could caffeine be a cause of the pain?
All help appreciated!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 28th, 2016
EDIT: The pain is not present all the time. There are long parts of the day or almpsf all of it where I don't feel any pain, and sometimes the pain is very subtle and short
|

replied May 28th, 2016
Experienced User
Try to figure out exactly where the pains are coming from. In the testicles themselves? the spermatic cords? the scrotum? the groin area? Does it hurt less when you lay down or wear tighter underwear or a jock strap? What makes it hurt worse or less? What time of day does it hurt the most? How much pain on a scale of 1 to 10? Those answers will help your Dr. narrow down his search for a cause, source, and treatment for your problem. Good luck with it. Add more details if you'd like more answers on here from men with the same problems as yours.
|

replied May 29th, 2016
Thanks very much for your response. I feel as though the pain is coming from the part where the cord connects to the testicle. I don't really feel a difference from different positions or clothing, apart from maybe when I'm crossing my legs while sitting down. It feels as though it hurts a little more as the day goes on, but there's no specific time. The pain can change from a dull aching pain of about 2-3 to a short and sharp burst which can go up to about a 6 or 7 but doesn't last long.
|

replied June 2nd, 2016
Experienced User
The epididymis is where the vas deferens sperm cord connects to each testicle. That is the long tube like organ that runs up and down the back side of each testicle like a long lump or tube attached directly to the testicle. You can feel it thru the scrotal skin and see if it feels extra tender or sore. Its usually a little tender to the touch but not painful to gentle touches directly on it. It is a storage container for sperm from the testicles and it stores mature sperm waiting to be ejaculated during your next ejaculations. The epididimis can get sore from infections, not ejaculating often enough, and epididimitis caused by different things. You might try wearing a jockstrap all day, every day, to hold the testicles up higher and to take the testicle weight off your cords and see if it helps reduce the pain. Hot packs directly on the hurting testicle might help too. Dr.s will usually try antibiotics first to see if you might have an infection inside the epididimis that can be easily cleared up to stop the pain. Some men have chronic epididymis pain and it can be tough to cure.
|
Tags: Coffee
Quick Reply
Must Read
Mumps is still common in many parts of the world. But what is the mumps? And what parts of the body can it affect? Basic facts on mumps here....
Although children are most at risk of getting the mumps, other groups are also at risk. Learn more about the mumps virus and risk factors for mumps here....
Swollen salivary glands are the first sign that you might have the mumps. But what other symptoms can you identify? And when should you seek medical help?...