User Profile
4 years ago I started to suffer really bad rib pain, back pain and then the pain would spread between my shoulder blades. Because of the pain I feel sick and I cannot eat or drink when I am in this pain. It mainly happens at night time and its nearly every night. I dont hardly have any sleep and when the pain does get really bad, I have painc attacks. I did see a docotor 4 yrs ago but they said I just need counselling. For 4 years I have been taking 3 pain killers a night and they dont seem to work. I just want this pain to stop and to know what is wrong with me?
Can you please help me ?
I have been suffering this since I was 14 !

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 9th, 2010
Gallbladder Disease Answer A17035
Welcome to the forum. I am really glad to help you out. I can understand the pain and agony which you're going through. It is definitely not good to take such a large amount of painkillers as they are harmful for the kidneys.

You seem to be suffering from neurological pain which could likely be due to the compression of one of the nerves exiting from the spinal cord. Doing an MRI of the thoracic spine will help in knowing the underlying cause of the compression of the nerve. Drugs like gabapentin should help you more rather than the painkillers. Please consult a neurologist for the same. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gallbladder Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.