Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Pain in lower abdomen and extremely painful menstruation

Hi, I have been in and out of the emergency room for the past two months with severe on again off again pain in my lower right abdomen underneath my hipbone and lower back (my ovaries maybe?). This is coupled with pain and itching in vagina, ( I havnt been able to have sex in four months because of it), and seriously painful and heavy periods. ( I used to have pain free unnoticable periods until about 5 months ago.).
I have had ultra sound tests and even a CT scan to check for cysts and such but everything has come back normal. I have also been tested for STIs and for yeast infections.
The last time I went to the hospital i was screaming in pain from the first day of my period and they told me I should just go on birth control and skip my period for three months at a time. This advice feels incredibly counter intuitive to me and so I am kind of at my wits end about what to do.
Recently, in the past few days, the pain has moved to the other side and I bled a tiny tiny little bit about three weeks after the first day of my last period. When the pain is there it hurts to pee and poo.
Please help!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 29th, 2016
Welcome to e health forum.

You seem to be having increased bleeding and pain during periods, which in most cases is caused by abnormal or altered hormonal levels.

You would be benefited by consulting your doctor who can prescribe medications to relieve your symptoms at this time as well as help to avoid such issues in future too. In the mean time you can use Advil or naprosyn to control your cramps or painful episodes.

I hope this helps.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.