Hi,

I am a 31 year old male in good general health. three days ago I started to feel some pain in my left testicle. I used to have light sensation at times but only for a very short time. this time it is already three days and I am worried. I just did a self exam and I found that the pain is on the upper left side of the left testicle. there is a tiny bump that feels like a pimple and when I touch it I feel a sharp pain that is hard to explain, the pain is not very strong but it is kinda sharp. the only other symptom that may or may not be connected is some lower back pain. Can it be testicular cancer? what kind of doctor do I need to see? what kind of tests are done to find out if it is cancer or any other thing? How is a testicular ultrasound done? please help

Thanks a lot!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 1st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Welcome to EHEALTH forum!
Although, all lumps found on testicles, require further examination like ultrasound, not all lumps on the testicles are tumors, and not all tumors are malignant.
Testicular cancer, indeed, can cause testicle pain and discomfort, but, it is well known clinical fact that only a small percentage of testicular cancers are painful from the outset.
At the upper part of the testicle, or at the back of the testicle, is a structure known as epididymitis, where the sperm is matured and stored.
It is possible that the lump you've felt is a spermatic cyst located at the head of epididymitis or epididymal cyst.
This is usually painless, but, sometimes it can be manifested as painful lump.

Have you noticed some redness on your left testicle?
Do you feel pain when urinating and ejaculating?
|

replied December 1st, 2008
Hi, thanks a lot for your reply.

I did not notice redness on my left testicle and I don't feel pain when urinating and ejaculating.

In the last two days the pain is very light and only when I touch it directly. it feels like a small pimple on the upper back of the left testicle. I am thinking to go to a doctor (not easy for me). What type of doctor should I go to, general or urologist? which tests are done, do they hurt, how is it done? incase it is what you mentioned "epididymitis" how is it treated?

Thank you very much
|

User Profile
replied December 2nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Does it feel like separate round swelling above the testicle?
|

replied December 2nd, 2008
Hi

it feels like a small pimple. tiny
|

replied June 3rd, 2009
same for me, but I am 16 years old, not sexually active, but i don't know how small your bump is, but i have one on the top of my left testicle that is about the size of a sharpened pencil tip. Its right on the top of the testicle, and the pain is very dull, doesn't hurt at the touch. Also, yesterday i accidentally got hit there (not too bad though) but this bump has me a bit worried. Could the pain have to do with puberty? (I seem to be a late bloomer, as i have just recently developed a small amount of hair.) Should I wait a few more days to see what happens? If it is one of those spermatic cyst or something, is that dangerous and will it go away?
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....