Medical Questions > Mens Health > Testicles Forum

Pain in left testicle. Need help ASAP.

I've had some pain in my left testicle and it's starting to worry me a little bit just because I'm 19 years old and I want to have kids in the future and just worried. The pain goes on and off like throbbing but it's not like broken bone throbbing it's very mild but annoys me throughout the day. It's been happening for a couple days now. Ever since I had some lower back problems it started to hurt. The weird thing is, is that when I do physical activites(lifting, running,etc) the pain goes away for like an hour. When I sit down for long periods of time it's bothers me too. Just not sure if I should wait it out or go to the doctor ASAP. I've also been taking alieve for the past week for my lower back but I'm not sure if that has to do with overdosing maybe? 1-2 tablets each morning. Just nervous for the future. Please help.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 30th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
This is due to straining of spermatic cord.
You can take alieve twice daily for 5-10 days.
I would suggest you to have testicular ultrasound to sort it out.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Mumps is still common in many parts of the world. But what is the mumps? And what parts of the body can it affect? Basic facts on mumps here....
Although children are most at risk of getting the mumps, other groups are also at risk. Learn more about the mumps virus and risk factors for mumps here....
Swollen salivary glands are the first sign that you might have the mumps. But what other symptoms can you identify? And when should you seek medical help?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Testicles , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.