im 15 and 2 days ago my left side hurt when i was walking at the shops, it hurt so much that i had to sit down. 2 days later (today) i was at the shops again and it started to hurt again si i had to sit down again. i noticed that if i applied a bit of pressure to it than it didnt hurt as much.

please im really worried. :s
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 27th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
The appendix is located not in the left abdomen, but, in the lower right abdomen.
When the appendix is inflamed, first symptom is a central abdominal pain than in a period of 2 days moves to the lower right abdomen as a localized pain.
If the appendix burst, a generalized pain, most intensive one, with abdominal swelling are present.
Appendicitis pain, indeed, becomes worse with walking, coughing and other movements, and hand pressure makes it less intensive, but, reappears after the hand is removed.
I guess you made mistake writing left, but meaning right side.
(right side abdominal pain could be due to inflammatory bowel disease or diverticulitis)

Visit your physician!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....