Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

Pain in left side of chest and arm all the time

Hello, I am 27 years old, male, 176cm (5 9), 65kg (143lbs). For past few months I have been experiencing regular pain in lefts side of my chest which has increased recently together with pain in my left arm and shoulder.

I started noticing some weird pain in left side of my chest about 4 months ago. At beginning I felt this pain several times per day in waves that sometimes lasted only about 10 minutes but sometimes even 2 hours. The intensity of pain also varied, at some points I could barely notice it and other times it was pretty uncomfortable, but it never got too severe and unbearable.

After about 3 weeks of this pain I went to my doctor, he did some basic examination, but did not found anything. He just said that I should take some vitamin B supplements and use some topical pain killer cream to manage pain. I also did some basic blood and urine tests which didn’t show anything unusual and I also got echocardiography done and doctor said that that everything looks fine.

In following couple of months intensity and frequency of pain decreased. I still felt it almost every day, but it just wasn’t bothering me as much as before so I thought it was getting better, but last week the pain started getting worse again and for past few days I feel it basically all the time. The intensity still varies, but in average it is definitely stronger than before. Now I also have noticeable pain in my left arm and shoulder and at some points I also feel light pain or stiffness in my back, neck and jaw.

Researching my symptoms online suggests some kind of heart problem, but in those cases pain seems to be more periodical, but I have it all the time and I also haven’t really noticed shortness of breath and the pain doesn't get worse when I am moving around.

I have scheduled another appointment with my doctor in a few days, but I still would like to know other people opinions on what might be wrong. What possible conditions fit with my symptoms and are there any other things that I should monitor and pay attention to?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 11th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
This could be musculoskeletal pain or just anxiety. However, you have to exclude cardiac problem.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chest Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.