Hello everyone,

first off I am prone to GAD and always think that something is wrong with me, so please take that into account. Aprox two weeks ago I noticed a very tender area in my inner right calf, midway between my ankle and knee. The pain is generaly very isolated and I can actually place my finger on the tender area. The area is slightly palpable and is always painful when I press upon it. I do not have any swelling and no discoloration is visible. The amount of pain associated with the area has remained constant up until four nights ago. My job requires alot of driving and towards the end of the shift the pain was still localized but was radiating up towards my knee. I should mention that I has a major knee surgery 9 months ago, and required immobilazation. Up untill this point I have not noticed this particular pain and it does not seem to be assaciated with my knee. If this where a DVT would the pain be consistantly localized? I also recently suffered what I think was a very short panic attack, where I felt as though I could not take a breath. However, almost directly after the attack I became congested and constantly felt the need to clear my throat. Could this a been a small pulmonary embolism? Thanks for the help and please forgive the spelling/grammer. This post was made by iPhone.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 14th, 2009
Community Volunteer
I think the only person that can answer your question is a doctor who has checked you over...This is what I would do...
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....