User Profile
Hello,
I've had what I assume is the flu, if not the cold for the past few days. The usually coughing, sneezing, runnynose, headache etc. however this has little to do with why I am asking for advise on. In fact I'm coming over the flue and ,oust of symptoms have left apart from the runny nose, and the occasional cough.
Though Ever since yesterday I noticed that when I cough I feel a STRONG sort of pins and needle pain in my chest, back and left arm. It feels more like nails than needles. I was wondering exactly what could this be? My dad said it could just be from the past few days of coughing and sneezing it has made my body sore or something along those lines. However, that wasn't enough to ease my worries so here I am.
I'd be happy for any advice!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 6th, 2018
Cold, Flu and Viral Infections Answer A63086
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern.
Yes,this could be due to sneezing and coughing that bring all muscles into action.
I would suggest you to have chest xray and take long acting anti allergic like fexofenadine 120mg.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cold, Flu and Viral Infections , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.