I have been experiencing digestive issues for a month or more now and I know I should go to the doctor but I am at college and haven't had the time, though I think I am going to go when I get home in a week.

Anyways, the pain occurs every time I digest, it is sharp knife like jabs but not debilitating. My stool contains food every time, mainly the size of oats, but yesterday there were small pieces of broccoli. I am a vegan and have been for a year, not sure if this could be a vitamin deficiency, I went to the doctor a month and a half ago to get my blood tested but she told me she would call if there were problems; no call. Right now the pain is in my central abdomen, above the belly button; radiating outwards. After researching I realize this could be the pancreas but I am not a heavy drinker and I haven't drank alcohol in months. There are too many stomach diseases to pin point on my own but I was wondering if anyone has had this pain and any input.

I also have really low blood pressure and sometimes experience chest pain as well.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 5th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Central abdominal pain located above the belly button, and pain that is aggravated by food consumption, is suggestive for stomach lining inflammation (gastritis) or stomach lining damage (stomach ulcer).
Make a regular blood test, too!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....