Medical Questions > Mens Health > Prostate Forum

Pain in buttocks/prostate (with shooting pains down leg) 1 year

Hello, all.
I've had a pain in my prostate area since early 2015. When I press on the area between the testicles and anus, there is a lot of pressure there. Other than that, every time I move my hips in any way (to change positions in a chair, to bend over), I get a very bad pain in my back pelvic/buttocks area, like a sprain pain. The pain from the prostate is more on the right side, and it shoots down the right leg occasionally. Just for the record, this is nonstop pain (upon movement). It does not come and go. All it takes is movement.

Moreso, I've been to the ER 4-5 times, and the last 2 times, the doctors did a digital exam with a finger and once they pulled the finger out, I had a stabbing shooting knife pain in my prostate for about 30 seconds.

The pain also sometimes occurs on my frontal pelvic left side, but not as much as the back side right side in the buttocks/prostate region, where it hurts like a sprain sensation every time I move it.

Background information which may be relevant: I am 25, white male. Sedentary. I sometimes have prolonged sex, in which I retain erection for an hour before ejaculation, but I'm not sure if that would have an effect.
I also ejaculate 1-2 times a day.

I have NO urinary systems. I only pee 5 times a day, which is normal. And while sometimes it takes me a while to start peeing (10 seconds), that's more psychological if anything.

This pain is affecting my life. I can't sit, I can't stand, I can't do anything. The pain is so bad, and I've been to so many doctors, who've prescribed prostatitis medication and none of it works. I am afraid that by allowing this to persist, I may be welcoming cancer to start developing and sexual function to cease in due time. Please, I am asking what I should do.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 25th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
These symptoms are consistent with radiculopathy. I would suggest you pain killers like naproxen and muscle relaxant.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Prostate , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.