my husband has pain in his back,below the shoulder,like in the ribs,on the right.It's tender and sore.Any one have these symptons? Any ideas what this might be? THANKS!

a
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 17th, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
it may be a bruise or injury to the ribs. it can be very painful and last for many weeks. if he has trouble breathing take him to his dr.....pete
|

replied May 19th, 2010
I too have a same problem last year and i consult a chiropractor Dr. James Roman his advices help me to achieve healthy and pain free life.
|

replied May 19th, 2010
Experienced User
What does he do for work? Could he have hurt it at work? Lifted something wrong? Any allergies or been ill with sneezing or coughing?
(It could be anything from a pulled muscle or tendon to a herniated disc or a torn cartlage inbetween the ribs or a disconnection or pinched nerve at a plave where the rib and spine kinda connect. If that is what it is, it is called a rib head. That takes longer to heal that a broken rib btw.
An xray or mri would help your husband to figure it out. In the mean time, alternate between heat(moist) and ICE it.
20 on 20 off
He might have swelling and need a 5 day pack of steroids to reduce the inflamation.
Only a doctor can give him a true diagnosis. Good Luck it is nothing too bad. Take it "easy". on the back, ribs area. Try not to lift. Let the body heal and get to your doctor. If it requires a spine surgeon you have your choice of ortho or nero. My personal preferance is a nero because they often do brain surgery as well. They know a lot about nerves.

Hopefullly your MD will be able to help you. Dr. will direct you in the rihgt direction.
Best Wishes,
Temperwolf
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...