Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

pain in back of legs and lower back injury

Question Over the past six months I go to do this certain exercise, I get on my hands and knees and put my right/left arm out and opposite leg. Your supposed to stretch them out and then bring them in and touch elbow to opposite knee and repeat. Well when I try to conect my elbow and knee my the back on my thigh gets this pinching-pop sensation. It's very painful and makes it hard to walk for awhile. I have gained 40 pounds in the past 9 months and my knees are weak. Well now it happens when I walk as well and I have little bruises forming on the back of my knees, (especially my left one). I do yoga stretches, walking and aerobics. I have lost a some weight over the past month but the problem seems to getting worse. I am unable to afford a doctor for a few more months, I was hoping someone knows what it is and what I can do about it. Oh and just in case I should mention that I injured my lower back and have nerve damage and once again will not be able to see a doctor for a few more months. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 20th, 2008
Experienced User
I'm not a doctor or anything, but I know that if one has nerve damage in the lower back, the painful sensations could eventually move down to one's thighs.

Hope this helped
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....