Last week, I tripped and hit the lower right side of my abdomen on a blunt object. It hurt a lot at the time, but the pain went away after a day or two. However, since then, I've been getting dull aches in the same spot. There's no bruise, but when I touch the area with my hands, it feels like there's a hard bump under the skin. For the first few days, it also hurt when I touched that area or when anything pressed up against it, but that's mostly gone away. I know pain on the lower right side of the abdomen can be a symptom of appendicitis, but since the problems were caused by trauma, I don't know if that's a cause for concern. Still, I'm worried and not sure what to do. Does this seem like something that'll go away on its own, or should I see a doctor? It's been ten days now and I haven't had any real problems, but it hasn't gotten better either.

FYI: I'm 30 years old, male, and in relatively good health despite being slightly out of shape.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 12th, 2016
Hello and welcome
Your concern is appreciated
Pain and tenderness is common after blunt injury to the abdomen and probably it will resolve over time depending upon the extent of injury in obese people fat trauma can occur which can be quite painful.U/S abdomen can be done to exclude any serious pathology. Regarding appendicitis other symptoms like fever nausea vomiting anorexia is also present and there is also raise TLC on full blood cout.
Hope it helps

Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 10th, 2016
treatment of abdomen is that

Your healthcare provider will watch you closely to see if your injury is mild and your condition is stable. You may need any of the following:

Prescription pain medicine may be given. Ask how to take this medicine safely.
Embolization is a procedure to stop internal bleeding. A liquid, coil, or gel is injected into a blood vessel.
Surgery may be needed to look for and repair bleeding or damaged organs. Ask for more information about the type of surgery you need.
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Skin Health
Quick Reply
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.