I was playing basketball and it got bent and snapped. It's been 2 months and I still can't bend it straight without pain. It feels just fine moving it all around but as soon as I straighten it it hurts really bad. What's wrong? It's my elbow by the way.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 26th, 2013
Especially eHealthy
Arielmeranda,

It would take a thorough examination, and probably some x-rays, to figure out what is going on. There are so many things it could be, it is not possible to even being to list them all.

Since you have a history of trauma (twisting injury during basketball), you could have any number of problems, but it is most likely a soft tissue problem (rather than a osseous one). You do not state how old you are, and young athletes have a whole bunch of problems, which would not be seen in skeletally mature patients.

If you continue to have problems, you might want to see an orthopedic surgeon for an evaluation. Again, it would take a thorough examination, and probably some imaging studies.

Good luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....