Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Pain during sex from pubic bone

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Interesting one - I've started seeing a lovely girl, but during sex, when facing each other, I think her pubic bone is not aligning properly and so its rubbing into my upper pubic area, really hurts. She is particularly thin and so this maybe the issue, but it is most likely getting the angle of attack right too... but I suppose I wanted to know if this was common, aside from alignment, is there some yoga moves we could practise to improve our sex life?
Did you find this post helpful?

replied January 12th, 2009
I don't think its very common (I've ran across it once or twice in my life) but SOME woman have bigger pubic bones than others. I'm not umm to sure what you mean by yoga moves... but the best/easiest solution is having less hard, less forceful, and less time of sex in that position.

Switch it up!
Did you find this post helpful?

replied February 27th, 2016
I have experienced the exact same thing, I started seeing a new partner who is also very thin and during sex when she's on top our pubic bones rub and it is extremely painful for me both during and after sex, I think it may just be that they have large pubic bones that rub and cause the pain. Glad it's not just me though.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 29th, 2016
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Coitus is stressful work out and too much coitus can cause such discomforts. take some tylenol and skelaxin and rest for a while, the issue should resolve.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Men , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.