Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Pain, Bloating, Fever, willing to try anything at this point

For the five weeks I have had a bloated, hard stomach. It never goes down. I don't have an appetite but I haven't had any constipation or excessive gas - everything is normal except the bloating. I've had severe, intermittent sharp pains in my lower right abdomen as well. At one point, my fever was 101 degrees and my lymph nodes in my neck, underarm, and groin swelled to the point where you could see a bulge. I do have a history of ovarian cysts (most rupture, one that had to be surgically removed), but I had an ultrasound and they said it didn't look like one had ruptured. What they did say was there is a cyst in my right ovary, but it was caused by ovulation (I shouldn't be ovulating because I am on birth control...). I've gone to three doctors and one said it was just a pulled muscle (?!), one said it was appendicitis, and another said it was just a virus. I've had my appendicitis looked at and they said it was normal and my blood work didn't show signs of infection, but I'm considering having it taken out anyways because I'm willing to try anything at this point. The pain makes me very fatigued and I feel weak. I asked one doctor about ovarian cancer and she wouldn't say anything about it besides "it would be rare for someone your age." I am only 20, but ovarian cancer does run in my family. I'm getting tired of going to so many doctors, all who seem not too concerned with my symptoms. I'm so uncomfortable!! Any ideas or ANYTHING helps at this point.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 28th, 2012
Community Volunteer
For some reason, every time something hurts, people automatically assume it's cancer. I'm not trying to be smug - I'm serious. I've answered countless posts from girls (and guys) aged 12-20+ who think they have cancer.

Of the three doctors you saw, were any of them a Gynocologist? S/he could determine whether you have a cyst, or any other women-related issues.

Bloating and a hard stomach could be a sign of an allergy. My best friend experiences those symptoms when she eats bread, or yeast, I think. She literally has to stand behind a chair and press into it for hours, because it makes her burp.

She's 5'0 or less, and weighs under 100 lbs., so when she's bloated, it's very obvious.

Good luck - I'm sure you'll find out what's going on.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...