Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Pain around belly button and yellow stool

User Profile
i had my gollbladder out 2 weeks ago and have got bad pain around my belly button also passing yellow stools can you help please

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 24th, 2010
Gallbladder Disease Answer A16278
Hello,

From your symptoms, post cholecystectomy syndrome needs to be ruled out. PCS is caused by alterations in bile flow due to the loss of the reservoir function of the gallbladder. Two types of problems may arise. The first problem is continuously increased bile flow into the upper GI tract, which may contribute to esophagitis and gastritis. The second consequence is related to the lower GI tract, where diarrhea and colicky lower abdominal pain may result. An Upper GI endoscopy and an ERCP in which the biliary and pancreatic ducts are visualized and they can definitely help in finding out the etiology of the PCS.

I would suggest you to consult a Gastroenterologist for the same. I would also suggest you to undergo a complete hepatic profile including hepatitis B & C tests to rule them out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gallbladder Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.