Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

pain and getting sick since surgery?

User Profile
hey i had my galbadger out about a month and a half ago and ever since i have been having pains in my stomach and alot of problems with getting sick after eating what should i do

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 1st, 2011
Gallbladder Disease Answer A21518
Hello, and thanks for your medical question on E Health Forum.

From the available history, the symptom of post prandial (Post meals) abdominal burning pain or discomfort points to a diagnosis of Gastro Esophageal Reflux disease or Peptic ulcer disease.

GERD (Gastro Esophageal Reflux disease) is due to laxity of the lower end of the food pipe with regurgitation of the contents of the stomach. Peptic ulcer disease, where in erosion of the gastric or duodenal mucosa can cause severe and sometimes intolerable pain. Pain is usually caused by the ulcer but it may be aggravated by the stomach acid when it comes into contact with the ulcerated area.

In addition maintaining adequate hydration and adopting a sitting upright posture for 1 hr post meals will help in relieving the symptoms.

In addition to dietary and lifestyle changes, you can try the following medications to reduce your symptoms as follows.
1. antacids (Tums, mylanta) will help relieve the acidity related discomfort ;
2. Omeprazole will help to reduce acid secretions ;
3. Activated charcoal will reduce the bloating sensation,
4. Probiotics and digestive enzyme supplements will help to improve indigestion.

You might consider consulting your general physician or a gastroenterologist who after a physical examination may determine to get some simple blood tests to detect H-Pylori infection in the stomach or a Upper GI endoscopy and this may be helpful to derive a definitive diagnosis to your problem.

I hope you find this helpful.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gallbladder Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.