Nearly 2 weeks ago now I started to have pain while urinating as well as blood, I visited the hospital and I gave a urine sample etc, they prescribed me antibiotics for a UTI and i took them for a week as told. I finished the antibiotic treatment on tuesday and today I am showing the same symptoms as I was previously, the doctor told me that I could have an STI if the antibiotics don't work but I am faithful to my partner and I was tested for any STIs when we first started seeing eachother. I am just asking if it is possible that the UTI has come back for round 2 or if there are any other possible medical reasons for what I am experiencing.
Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 12th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi stevie_boy and welcome to ehealth: You may want to check to see if your partner may have a STI....If not, check with your doctor again...You should not have blood in your urine..This signals a problem...Take care...

Caroline
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....