Hi, im a 27 year old male in decent health. About a year ago i began having a dull but sometimes sharp pain in my left side kidney area, kind of under my ribs. Went to the er because i was scared it was a kidney stone, and they did a ct scan which showed nothing. So on my way i went, dealing with it for a couple months, then it faded throughout the winter. But in march or april it came back worse, hurting me mostly in the morning, or if i lay on my left side. About a month later i passed a couple small stones in the morning when i first woke up. I figured that was the answer to my pain...well it wasnt. The pain stayed, just a dull sometimes sharp pain, I could still go throughout my normal day, working and so on, but the pain is there. So I went to my doctor, who did a urine sample and it showed blood in my urine, they suspected kidney stones. They sent me back to the ER and did a ct scan which again showed nothing. So they did one more urine sample back in june, it showed no more blood, so they sent me on my way. It is now october, tired of paying doctor bills for them to tell me its nothing or they dont know. Im still having this pain every morning, gets better when i get up but is still there. Went to a urologist 3 weeks ago and he said im just sore from passing the stones, but that was 4 or 5 months ago???? So he gave me a 24 hour urine test, which i completed and sent back. Still waiting on those results. If a doctor could help me out, it would be much appreciated! Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 4th, 2010
kidney stones
How are you doing now? I am having the same symptoms, having passed a stone last month but the pain persists, although not as prominent. It's just under the left lower rib cage.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....