Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
I had my gallbladder removed on 04-04-08. All the pre-op tests for gallbladder (HIDA scan, ct scan, ultrasound, etc.) were normal, but my dr. said sometimes it can still be the gallbladder. We agreed to remove it. I had it done laparoscopically and went home the same day. Recovery time has not been as fast as my dr. said or I thought, but everything I read says I'm normal. My question is why do I feel like I did prior to surgery. Over the last couple I'm having the nausea and epigastric pain like I had intermittantly since Jan. before I had surgery. I'm beginning to get very frustrated and depressed Crying or Very sad I have not been able to return to work yet and just when I think today will be the day I'll feel like getting my routine somewhat back, I find myself on the couch again sleeping and feeling bad. Any feedback or advice on this will be greatly appreciated. I just knew that having the surgery would fix my problem. thanks, nanak
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 18th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Did your doctor run tests to check for other gastric problems such as an ulcer?
Are you seeing a gastro doctor?
|

replied April 18th, 2008
pain after gallbladder removal
Yes, my dr. ran numerous test, including a test for ulcers and h-pylori bacteria. All tests that were ran prior were: ct scan, HIDA scan, abd. ultrasound, blood tests, h-pylori and tests for an ulcer, endoscopy and colonscopy. I went to one appt. with a gastro dr. he didn't seem concerned and said there was really nothing he could do at the time and told me to return if symptoms persisted. I didn't return to him but instead went to current dr. who is a internist and surgeon. Any more suggestions or advice on this matter??? Rolling Eyes
|

replied April 18th, 2008
Pain after gallbladder removal
I have the same problem after my gallbladder was removed (for about 7yrs! now). Most of the time this affects me during my sleeping hours, which include great pains in my left to middle/stomach and sometimes in my back and colon. The pain is so great a lot of times that I get lightheaded and nauseas.
I found that if I eat something right away or throw up, the pain will go away. After I eat I have release of gas and several "small" bowel movements during the day.
As a result of early A.M. eating and drained energy, I've gained a great amount of weight...prior to this I was thin, energetic and health conscious.
The doctors have told me that I have a slow digestion of 30% apposed to 100%, with no explaination. There has been no magic pill to heal this problem and no relief up to this point for my misery. I feel trapped and I want to live a normal life again for myself and my family-NOT THROWING IN THE TOWEL YET!!
Does anyone else have these symptoms?
|

replied April 18th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Pain after gallbladder removal
Starly wrote:
I have the same problem after my gallbladder was removed (for about 7yrs! now). Most of the time this affects me during my sleeping hours, which include great pains in my left to middle/stomach and sometimes in my back and colon. The pain is so great a lot of times that I get lightheaded and nauseas.
I found that if I eat something right away or throw up, the pain will go away. After I eat I have release of gas and several "small" bowel movements during the day.
As a result of early A.M. eating and drained energy, I've gained a great amount of weight...prior to this I was thin, energetic and health conscious.
The doctors have told me that I have a slow digestion of 30% apposed to 100%, with no explaination. There has been no magic pill to heal this problem and no relief up to this point for my misery. I feel trapped and I want to live a normal life again for myself and my family-NOT THROWING IN THE TOWEL YET!!

Hi and Welcome

Did your doctor mention Gastroparesis (lazy stomach)?
|

replied April 18th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Re: pain after gallbladder removal
nanak wrote:
Yes, my dr. ran numerous test, including a test for ulcers and h-pylori bacteria. All tests that were ran prior were: ct scan, HIDA scan, abd. ultrasound, blood tests, h-pylori and tests for an ulcer, endoscopy and colonscopy. I went to one appt. with a gastro dr. he didn't seem concerned and said there was really nothing he could do at the time and told me to return if symptoms persisted. I didn't return to him but instead went to current dr. who is a internist and surgeon. Any more suggestions or advice on this matter??? Rolling Eyes

Has the doctor tried any medication (Zantac, Prevacid, etc..)?
|

replied April 21st, 2008
Re: Pain after gallbladder removal
butterfly6169 wrote:
Starly wrote:

Hi and Welcome

Did your doctor mention Gastroparesis (lazy stomach)?

I don't remember but will certainly ask on my next visit. Does Gastroparesis behave this way?? And if so, do you know if there is a treatment for it? I pretty much put a halt to my numerous emergency room and doctor visits since the doctors at this point haven't been able to provide any relief. So it's just my yearly check ups at this point and hoping I'm not gonna just die over something they missed.
I've been on so many medications(non worked) and several tests. I have begun a low impact exercise program on my own and am trying to stick to the oatmeal, banans, baked potato, etc. diet. My doctor suggested absolutely no meat and this is sooooo difficult since in order to get the pain to go away as quick as possible I have to eat something bulky which really is tough when you're feeling nauseas and half asleep and not wanting to eat anything at all. Thanks .
|

replied May 15th, 2009
I think It is pancrentitis,I(I hope I spelled it right) I remember waking up after surgery and screaming,I told them It still hurt and they didn't take it out properly,only to have my doc tell me the next day I have pancrentitis.It has the same pain as the gallbladder would.It is something that I am forced to live with,I would research it,I was told the two go hand in hand.
|