Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

pain,a palpable mass, indegestion, constant belching,fatigue

34 year old male who has been experiencing abdominal pain in the upper left abdomen for about a year and a half now. The pain is accompanied by a palpable mass, indegestion, constant belching and fatigue. I saw one GI for over a year who ran several tests including upper endo, MRI, CT scan, etc. I have since moved and am seeing another GI currently. New GI has done a colonoscopy and antoher upper endo. All test results produced unremarkable results. Both GIs have now told me there is nothing else they can do. I'm at a loss as my pain and indigestion continues to worsen. Can anyone offer any suggestions?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 9th, 2015
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

Based on the history, it seems that your left sided abdominal pain could be associated with the following conditions :-
1. Gastritis, or
2. Pancreatitis.
3. Colitis ( inflammation of the colon) or diverticulitis
4. left sided renal stones.

But if all the medical evaluations and tests have been found to be normal, then your abdominal pain could more likely be due to functional causes like Irritable bowel syndrome.

Irritable bowel syndrome IBS, is a chronic functional disorder characterized by cramping abdominal pain or discomfort with alterations in bowel habits (bloating, constipation, and diarrhea).

IBS does not cause any permanent damage or any serious illness but the symptoms cause severe discomfort & distress affecting an individuals work, ability to travel and attend social events.

Most symptoms of IBS can be controlled with diet, stress management, and prescribed medications (laxatives, antidiarrheal, antispasmodics, or antidepressants).

You might consult your doctor for a physical examination and tests mentioned above to know the exact cause.

I hope you find this information useful.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.