Hello guys! I have been trying to get pregnant for quite some time but for some reason I feel really good about this month. I wanted to get your feedback. So yesterday I realized I was ovulating (not to be too descriptive, but I had the mucus-y discharge) and I told my husband this would be a good day.

I've heard different perspectives, some say try to conceive a few days before your ovulation date and some say you should be fine the day you ovulate. Never having a predictable menstrual cycle, this is always hard for me to track. My question is, what are my chances of becoming pregnant if I try to conceive the day I realized I was ovulating. Anything you recommend?

Thank You

Melissa
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 24th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
Melissa, While the egg is alive, there is a chance. The best time to get the 'bases loaded' is however 2 days and the day before you ovulate. That way the sperm will be alive, ready and waiting for the egg to be released.

As soon as your mucus becomes wet, stretchy and clear, it is time to get going and keep it up until it goes creamy/sticky/dry again. Your husband should also keep on 'practicing'. He should have ejaculated in the last 2 or 3 days by the time you start having baby making sex. That way his sperm is fresh, healthy and fully reloaded.

Best of luck TTC.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....