Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

Ovulation and Ovaries Question

User Profile
In July 2018 I was diagnosed with an 8cm ovarian cyst with septations. My Dr recommended watchful waiting. The follow up ultrasound showed the cyst had shrunk to 6 cm and the septations were gone. I had another ultrasound in December of 2018 and it shows the cyst at just under 4cm.. but is not clear.. diagnostic considerations were endometrioma or hemorrhagic cyst. I have had severe anxiety with this cyst.. I cant seem to stop thinking of cancer. I feel that the cyst shrinking should mean its not cancerous but my obgyn will not confirm this.. he says only way to tell is to take it out. I just am sick of being completely riddled with anxiety everyday for nearly a year now. Any help in calming my fears would be greatly appreciated.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 9th, 2019
Ovulation and Ovaries Answer A64854
Thanks for your question.
The general consensus for ovarian cyst of less than 6 cm,is watchful expectancy provided it does not show any specific sign of being malignant.I can see you are overtly tensed and probably turning your doctor crazy.Do not worry.She/he is in a better position to guide you and believe me, it can be an endometriotic cyst or dermoid or a clear cyst but not a malignant one.
I hope I was able to address your query. If you have any further problems, please do not hesitate to go to the doctor.
Wishing you all the best.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Ovulation and Ovaries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.