Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

overwhelmed by lonliness and sadness

Hey guys,

I don't know what to do anymore. My therapist says that I sound lonely and have symptoms of depression (my severe procrastination, anxiety, and lack of energy). I have intense mood swings. Some times I feel so happy and content with myself and life. I am strong and happy being alone. Then I dip down again. One thing has occurred that I know is affecting me. I just "got back together" with an ex. Or rather, I hooked up with my ex again. I broke up with him because he wasn't making me a priority in his life and he flat out admitted to me that he didn't love me. We agreed to be friends, and one day talking to him I couldn't help myself, I had to kiss him. I care about him so much. I love and respect and admire this boy so much. Just knowing that he'll never truly love me or feel the same about me truly kills me. This is the second time I have been rejected in a relationship and my ego can't take anymore. Most of the time I feel ugly and stupid. I don't feel "normal" or "happy". I feel dysfunctional, like I can't even communicate with another human being. Here I am, thinking about this person who wouldn't even noticed if I dropped of the face of the planet. I look around me and it seems that everyone has friends and lovers and ambitions and goals. I feel like I have nothing. Most of the time I fear that I will never truly be fulfilled in life, that I will never be the girl I imagined myself being, that I will never find someone who could love me, and other times I just fear that things are so bad that the world must be ending. I don't know what to do....
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 12th, 2009
Experienced User
My best advise joint a church group and if they have groups go to their groups, sometimes their groups are different sex groups, and you may meet a guy there, but you need to learn how to be alone and happy, because life is 80% of the time loneliness, don't go back to that guy he doesn't love you so is not going to care to keep a relationship with you or to respect you. But you don't need a man to be happy, Sports also make you to feel better, I go to the gym and I have a bunch of friends and only spending time with them and doing excersices make me feel great, I get a nice body and I have a ot of friend, now never spend too much time alone, go to the mall and see other people. Good luck to you.
|

replied December 13th, 2009
many of us feel sadder than we should
not only church groups but your local community center will have plenty of group activities for like minded people.
doing exercises has many benefits, the hidden one being the chemical endorphin 'feel good' reactions to being active.
Hombrerubio - such a great response, and Lahine, if he took so much time to respond with such heart, you know there's someone out there thinking of you!
why am i here? same reasons as you =^(
we know the answers really.
stay on the planet =^)
paul
|

replied December 14th, 2009
I wish we could sit down somewhere and talk because, there are a few things I could say that would probably turn your whole life around. I"m frustrated right now because I"m at work and really don't have the time to offer you that, you need right now so let me just say this; You are worth more than you could ever imagine.
|

User Profile
replied December 18th, 2009
Supporter
I am taking something called Sam-e you can find this in the herb section at the drug store. A day ago i was feeling so down and depressed, so sad. last month i felt like i couldnt get out of bed. the sam-e helps me deal with my problems and keeps me from feeling down. it raises the serotonin levels in your brain which effect our mood.
i battled depression from over 18 years and prozac didnt really help me.
|

User Profile
replied December 18th, 2009
I am really sorry to hear that you are in pain. I often feel this way. The best thing I think to do would be to try to keep busy with something to take your mind off it. Volunteer at a humane society or for the salvation army, maybe you will meet some new exciting guy and trust me, that will make all the difference in the world. It does not sound like this guy is worth all the pain and he's making you feel bad. Cutting people like that out of your life is for the best. Eventually the heart ache will stop. Have you tried getting on anti- depressants? I know that they have helped me. They might help you as well. Other than that, do things that make you happy. Do something nice for yourself. Go shopping. I got a dog, and having a pet really helps me because then I don't feel so lonely and I have something that depends on me and loves me and needs me. I don't know if you like pets or not, but they have been known to take a great deal of stress out of peoples lives and make a difference. I know mine has for me. He's always happy to see me and I enjoy walking him and playing with him and training him. It helps me focus on something else rather than my own depressed feelings.
|

User Profile
replied December 20th, 2009
Experienced User
let me tell you get use to it. Life is usually loneliness and pain, but if you find help is not really from a PHD making megabuc soks, in a nice offices, usually comes from a relationship with God, boyfriends, and relationship comes and goes, but if you are expecting a happy life for ever let me tell you, you are setting yourself for failure. Happiness is not always with you. And ALL other human beings are going to fail,so if you are looking for the perfect guy or relationship there is none. Human usually and selfish and they care about themselves first, but when you have the Lord in your heart and you try to spend your life based in his teaching, you are happy more often and you develop a life ethics and understanding of the Human beings and that helps you to have a better life.
|

User Profile
replied December 20th, 2009
Supporter
I agree with hombrerubli, partially on a positive not... if your saying you should depend on God because people will fail you when it comes to depending on them for happiness.
Try the sam-e it makes me rationalize things. i m happy but dont have a care in the world. my inner thoughts are positive and not negative any more.
|

User Profile
replied December 26th, 2009
Experienced User
If you think you are going to be happy all your life, think again. Happiness is just a state of mind. and adults mature people are content not happy all the time. ANd this is a fact of life.
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....