I am newly pregnant, completely unplanned. I've never been pregnant before and have never wanted to have a child. My abortion is scheduled for next week, at I feel comfortable about that decision. Not wavering on it at all, I know that this is the right choice for me.
So what's my problem? Since I found out I was pregnant, I've been so angry and upset with myself. I switched methods of birth control, and I obviously didn't do it right. I'm so mad ay myself for not being more careful and getting myself into this situation. I know it's my fault, and I just can't stop beating myself up about it.
Again, the abortion itself is not what is upsetting me, it's the fact that I got pregnant in the first place.
Has anyone experienced these feelings? Or know someone who has?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 8th, 2013
Hello. I am in your situation. I am scheduled for an initial consultation on Friday because in my state you have to wait 24 hours after the consultation before you can get the procedure. I plan on getting the abortion done the next day on Saturday 24 hours later. I am very pissed that I got pregnant too. I have two children and it has been over 10 years since I've gotten pregnant. This was a total fluke and completely shocking. It's devastating to have to go through an abortion although I know it's the right choice. It's devastating to have gotten pregnant in the first place knowing we did everything we could.
|

replied April 8th, 2013
Yes I know the exact feelings you are going threw. I have just found out I am pregnant, 4 weeks to be exact and am completely beating myself up. I am more upset at the total irresponsibility of it all. I played with fire and now am getting burned for it and I can only blame myself. I have a 3 year old already and the fact of aborting a baby that could make me so happy like my 3 year old does, breaks my heart. I know I will live with this guilt forever but I guess thats the concinciouses of being irresponsible.
|

replied April 22nd, 2013
Hey ladies. I hope you are both doing okay. I ended up having the abortion last Saturday. I was only 5 weeks according to the ultrasound and I chose the surgical procedure because I wanted it to be over and done. The medical procedure with pills just seemed like way too much pain over a couple of days and there is even a small chance it won't work so I was afraid of that. I chose IV sedation which made me out of it and sort of "doped up" during the procedure. I did feel pain for about a minute during the procedure but it wasn't that bad. The doctor and staff were all very kind and comforting. They are firm believers in pro choice and women having control over their bodies. No judging. I am very relieved it's over but I'm still sad that it had to happen. I was on a very reliable birth control and still shocked that I got pregnant in the first place. I mean, I thought all was well because I haven't been pregnant in over 11 years with this form of birth control. I am scared to have sex with my own husband now. I wish I could get a hysterectomy but I can't afford it. Ladies, I hope you are all doing well. I cramped for a few days afterward and I'm still bleeding a light flow but now I'm not cramping at all. I hope you are all alright.
|