Medical Questions > Nutrition > Weight Loss Forum

overweight and more than that i'm obesity

I m 25 years old n 5'4 tall n weigh 96 n i m overweight n more than that i m obesity, so please suggest me how to lose my weight, can Herbalife resolve my problem
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 3rd, 2011
Especially eHealthy
nungsi,

When you say 96, do you mean pounds or kilos?

Because, if it is pounds, being 5'4" and 96 pounds, is on the verge of being very underweight.

If it is kilos, that would make you about 230 pounds, and that would definitely be very overweight.

Too lose weight, you have to consume less calories that you expend. The best way to do this is to eat a little less, and exercise a little more.

You need to develop good eating habits. Crash diets will not help in the long run. You will lose a lot of water weight right off the start, but that will come back.

It takes a long time to lose a significant amount of weight (as it took a long time to put it on).

Do not give up favorite foods. Do not starve yourself.

Eat slowly, allowing your brain to get the message from your stomach that you are full, before you consume a whole bunch of calories you do not need. You do not have to eat everything on your plate. When you are satisfied, stop eating. Use a smaller plate, and take slightly smaller portions. Do not eat out of boredom or stress.

How you do it is up to you. But, again, the only way to lose weight is to burn more calories than you take in.

If you want to use one of the many "plans" out there, that's fine, but, you have to change your overall attitude towards food. Nutisystem, Jenny, Weight Watchers, etc, etc, are basically all the same.

Fad diets and diet pills do not work, don't waste your money.

It takes a lot of determination and effort to lose a significant amount of weight, but the younger you are when you start, the better chance you have of succeeding. You can do it. Just put your mind to it.

Good luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is metabolic syndrome and how is it characterized? Get started by learning more about metabolic or insulin resistance syndrome here....
Is insulin resistance related to metabolic syndrome? Does a poor diet cause metabolic syndrome? And are you at risk of developing this metabolic disorder?...
Does metabolic syndrome manifest any symptoms? Learn the characteristic signs and symptoms of metabolic problems, plus know when to seek medical help....