Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

Overall i am thin but need to loose my belly fat.

Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
User Profile
I am 27 years old and when i experienced irregular cycle i consulted doctor who did some tests and told me that i have PCOS..i use to feel dizzy a lot, my height is 159cm with weight of 64Kg, i need to reduce my weight so i started stair climbing exercise but my dizziness condition got i discontinued. my BP stays in between 90/60 - 100/70. Overall i am thin but i need to loose my belly fat..Please advise..

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile

User Profile
replied January 15th, 2012
Womens Conditions Answer A30409
Hi, and thanks for your medical question on eHealth forum!

You need to find the cause of dizziness along with proper treatment of PCOD. You need to get examined to rule out a few things such as low blood pressure, postural hypotension (fall in blood pressure, cervical spinal nerve compression, hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), severe anemia, an underactive thyroid (called hypothyroidism), overactive thyroid (called hyperthyroidism), adrenal insufficiency (called Addison's disease), GERD or gastric reflux, and internal ear infections. Take plenty of fluids and see if it helps.

It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Do consult your doctor. Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Fitness , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.