Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

over sweating, armpits, feet, and specially my face.

User Profile
Hello, I have a question ever since I can remember I suffer from over sweating, armpits, feet, and specially my face. What is the cause of upper lip sweating, I go up on stage and give talks regularly and my upper lip and nose are always sweating. What could be the cause for this?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 22nd, 2016
Gland Disorders Answer A56878
Welcome to e health forum.

Sweating is a normal autonomic response to manage the body temperature in warm blooded vertebrates including Humans. In hot and humid conditions, the skin is cooled by production of sweat.

Depending on the body composition and genetic make up, some people sweat more and others less.

If you are on any medications that increase the body metabolism and temperature, then your body would sweat more to reduce your body temperature.

If measures like antiperspirants and absorbent clothing are not helping, consulting your doctor for medications that can help control your perspiration can be helpful. Some medications like Anti-cholinergic medications can be prescribed for you by your doctor.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gland Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.