User Profile
I've been on ehealth for almost 7 years now helping others with advice from experience I've gained. Now I have a new situation I hope some of you can help me with.

For the past 3 months I've had sharp pains in my left ovary/fallopian tube. Also when these began, I've noticed I get panicky and nervous for things I shouldn't get nervous about. I used to travel, I could do anything alone, but now sometimes the thought of going to the store makes me nervous. It's hard to explain to my boyfriend without him thinking it's his fault somehow.
I saw a doctor who papped me for everything, put me on antibiotics for pelvic inflammatory disease, and that was that. Tests all came back negative and a different doctor told me to stop taking the antibiotics. This was after my boyfriend had to take me to emergency at 2am. I hate hospitals and I tolerate pain, but I felt like my ovary was ripping apart. My legs and back were throbbing. Does this sound like a cyst rupture? I'm not sure what's going on.

My own doctor is sending me to a gyno, but my ultrasound isn't for a month yet, and I'm nervous about this pain. She thinks it's PID, but the more I read the more it sounds like ovarian cyst I can't be sure.

For those of you who've had PID or ovarian cysts did you find it affected your mood? I don't mean worried because of the pain, but just generally? I'm very happy in my life otherwise, there's no need of this anxiety and worry and yet it's there as soon as I started getting this pain. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Kgirl16
|

User Profile
replied February 21st, 2012
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

The symptoms reported by you indicate an underlying ovarian cause and chances of PCOD,pelvic disease,endometritis can be suspected.PCOD can be detected by means of USG scan.If the ovarian follicles rupture it can cause excruiating pain.It is difficult to comment without pelvic examination as PID can be very well ruled out by means of proper examination.Along with that USG scan and Hormonal Analysis would also help in coming to a precise diagnosis.Sometimes PID is not well controlled even by means of a short course of antibiotics and would require prolonged medications.
Kindly wait for the USG scan and till then if at any point of time you feel unbearable pain consider rushing to ER for evaluation.
Take care!

|

User Profile
replied February 25th, 2012
Experienced User
Yes thank you. I have an ultrasound booked March 12, and if nothing shows up then they will send me for a larascopy.
My gynaecologist thinks it's either endometriosis or IBS.
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Ovulation and Ovaries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.