Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

Ovarian Cysts on left and pain on right?

I have had painful periods from the beginning, and recently the last three months have just been unbearable. In and out of the hospital and fainting spells. I have had ultrasounds in the past, and even had a laparoscopy and nothing was found. However, this time they found a small cyst on my left ovary. I was confused because most of my pain is on my right side, and that is where the swelling is as well. I am still in pain, and nothing seems to help. I am curious to find if there is any treatment options for me out there. So far I have tried birth control as instructed and it has never helped with my painful cycles. And now I am even in pain when I'm not on my cycle. Is this from the cyst? Or is there something else that could be the problem? Any input is welcome, would like to get all the info I can before seeing my gyno again.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 27th, 2013
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If the abdominal cramps/pain has been persistent even when you are not having menstrual bleeding, then other causes like endometriosis and adenomyosis should be ruled out (that are usually not picked up with conventional imaging techniques). Consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist for further evaluation, clarification and assistance, or consider taking second opinion from another gynecologist for your symptoms and then proceed with further treatment options. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Ovulation and Ovaries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.