Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

ovarian cyst, uterus thickening and polyp

User Profile
Right ovarian cyst, uterus thickening and polyp

Hi there, I'm 29 and I recently did my first pap and after a couple of pelvic exams, I was told I have a right ovarian cyst about 4 cm, an uterus polyp and abnormal thickening of the uterus mid-cycle. Do you know what sort of risks (to diseases) I may have? I have always had menstrual pains but now, they seem heavier and more painful and inconsistent. Also, sometimes I have spotting as well. I have not been pregnant but I do hope to have babies later on. I have another blood test scheduled and then, will need to schedule a hysteroscopy and laparoscopy.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 6th, 2010
Ovulation and Ovaries Answer A17593
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
Your diagnoses of right ovarian cyst (4cm), uterine thickening, and uterine polyp all could be the reason for the painful and heavy periods. These would interfere with your pregnancy chances. Go ahead with the blood tests and the hysteroscopy and laparoscopy to get these treated. Once the ovarian cyst and polyp are removed then you can be put on medications to regulate endometrial thickness and the periods based on your blood tests (blood work-up along with hormonal analysis).
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Ovulation and Ovaries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.