I am 34 years old and was diagnosed with a 3 cm complex ovarian cyst on my right ovary. I have been told that ultrasound has shown it to have features of a dermoid.
It was diagnosed after I went to hospital with severe abdominal pain. Since the pain my last two periods have been abnormal with days of spotting before and after period.

I am a carrier of the BRCA1 gene. I went to see my gynecologist who told me that a dermoid cyst would not cause abnormal bleeding because they don't let off any hormones. Can anyone shed some light on what might be causing the abnormal bleeding? I find it odd that it started at the same time I was diagnosed with the cyst. Thanks for any help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 19th, 2012
BRCA1
Hello,
How are things going for you? Unfortunately, I don't have any answers to your questions. I am 33 and a BRCA1 carrier also. Yesterday I was diagnosed with polycystic ovaries. Were the doctors able to tell you anymore about your case?
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Cervical cancer typically develops over many years. But when does cervical cancer occur and how do doctors define the disease? ...
How are HPV and cervical cancer related? And how can you place yourself out of risk for developing cervical cancer? More here....
Abnormal menstruation can be a sign of cervical cancer. Learn the signs and symptoms of serious "female problems" and when to seek medical help here....