If I'm Pregrant and baby outside the uterus
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 18th, 2015
Welcome to e health forum.

The history provided here is incomplete and hence it i difficult to give proper advice or information.

A pregnancy that occurs outside the uterus (womb) is called Ectopic pregnancy. The most common site of the embryo implantation is the uterine tube .

In any case of pregnancy , either a true uterine pregnancy or a abdominal pregnancy (ectopic), there will be elevated HCG levels which can cause a positive urine pregnancy test or they can be estimated via blood levels.

If an ectopic pregnancy is not recognized and treated, the embryo could grow until the uterine tube ruptures, resulting in severe abdominal pain and bleeding. This can cause permanent damage to the tube or loss of the tube, and if it involves very heavy internal bleeding and not treated promptly, it can even lead to death.

Hence if you have any doubts or concerns, it would be recommended to consult with your doctor for proper advice and help.
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Pregnancy , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.