Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

out of hospital, now shes making herself sick

User Profile
Please HELP my best friend was not long ago in hospital for about 5 week because she wasn't eating and now she's out she's started eating but now shes making herself sick after I told her that she needs help but she will not listen I don't know what to do she's my only friend and I have no one else and I love her and care about her but if I tell someone she's going to hate me and possibly start self harming again or overdose but if I don't she's going to get more worse and be back in hospital again I seriously don't know what to do this is driving me crazy I can't sleep properly and I really just don't know what to do I've almost lost her once and I just don't want that to happen again what should I do I'm soooo scared HELPPPPP�����%uDE 25

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 17th, 2016
Eating Disorders Answer A57653
Hello and welcome

Your concern is appreciated

If your friend is not eating to the extent that she needs hospital admission then she is probably going to need help because it seems that she may has anorexia nervosa which is type of eating disorder or emotional disorder in which patient refuses to eat may has distorted body image. She may be upset with you by telling or making her to take help of professional but thats what best for her and thats how you can help her. You can definately give her support her talk to her about the situation of her health and you can make her understand your friend because she will need that and most inportantly she will need immense support from friends.

Hope it helps.
Thanks.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Eating Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.