Medical Questions > Cancer > Bone Cancer Forum

Osteochondroma tumor on hip

User Profile
Two years ago I had an osteochondroma removed from my right hip. Now two years later, the same pain is back. I can't get comfortable especially when trying to sleep at night. Is it possible that this type of benign tumor can come back? Recovery was awful last time so I am really dreading calling the doctor for an appointment. I'm just not sure on what to think or do...your suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 18th, 2010
Bone Cancer Answer A10131
Osteochondromas can recur, but it is not possible for me to tell you if this has happened in your case or not, as I cannot examine you or obtain x-rays.

Please see your orthopedic surgeon so that he/she can identify the cause of your recurrent hip pain.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bone Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.